It's finally happening! Our brave and lonely journey to southern Louisiana for the purpose of bettering our lives has finally reaped it's reward. As of September 6th, I can once again proudly say that I am a resident of the great city of Alton, Illinois. (So, no, I didn't get engaged...yet, but this is really exciting anyway!) Words cannot express my angst to get home. I've never been one to stay in one place for long. As a child I attended a different school each school year, and even as an adult I've relocated 3 times in as many years, but ever since I found Alton, (a place I've been traveling through all my life to visit family) I've felt a strong urge to stay there. It's like, well, pepperoni pizza is my favorite kind of pizza, and even though supreme is good too, I would never choose it over pepperoni (unless I was pregnant, but that hardly counts). Even though our time here in Baton Rouge has been fun, I would never stay here if I had the opportunity to move home. Get it?
Tuesday, August 31, 2010
Homeward Bound.
It's finally happening! Our brave and lonely journey to southern Louisiana for the purpose of bettering our lives has finally reaped it's reward. As of September 6th, I can once again proudly say that I am a resident of the great city of Alton, Illinois. (So, no, I didn't get engaged...yet, but this is really exciting anyway!) Words cannot express my angst to get home. I've never been one to stay in one place for long. As a child I attended a different school each school year, and even as an adult I've relocated 3 times in as many years, but ever since I found Alton, (a place I've been traveling through all my life to visit family) I've felt a strong urge to stay there. It's like, well, pepperoni pizza is my favorite kind of pizza, and even though supreme is good too, I would never choose it over pepperoni (unless I was pregnant, but that hardly counts). Even though our time here in Baton Rouge has been fun, I would never stay here if I had the opportunity to move home. Get it?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment